PLT series CRI-95 for True Color Rendition
What is CRI and why is it important for Surgeons?
CRI- was devised by the international commission of illumination to provide a quantitative measure of a light source that reveals colors of objects faithfully. The Color Rendering Index(CRI) is a scale from 0 to 100 percent indicating how accurate a light source is at rendering color when compared to a natural light source. 100% is a spectral output that contains the entire visible spectrum and, therefore, renders all colors accurately.
Daylight is the ideal source of illumination for good color rendering because it displays a great variety of colors, makes it easy to distinguish slight shades of color, and the colors of objects around us obviously look natural). The higher the CRI, the better the color rendering ability.
CRI in the 60’s and 70’s are relatively incomplete and are unacceptable for making critical color decisions. CRI values in the 80’s do a reasonable job of revealing colors. CRI values in the 90’s render colors very accurately and are appropriate for color critical application such as surgery.
These amazing lights can also reduce eye fatigue.
(See also PLT-100A)
The PLT Surgical lights are designed for surgeons who need to locate difficult to identify anatomy quickly and accurately.
Bigger is better when it comes to the power packed into Enovas new Cyclops PLT-165A. This LED surgical headlight has the adjustability and coaxial features of the Cyclops XLT-225, the brightness and light purity of the Iris D-200, and the dependability and solid construction youve come to expect with all Enova headlights. Designed for deep-cavity surgery, the PLT-165A has 165,000 lux to illuminate even the deepest surgical cavity with precision and focus. Its adjustable aperture ranges from 2 inch to 5 inch in diameter for exact spot size. Its coaxial design allows for adjustment to your individual height and angle of view requirements, and easy to use with or without loupes. At 11 ounces, the PLT-165A is similar to the D-200 in weight and balance for overall comfort. And, the extra thick replaceable foam headband liner makes the PLT-165 comfortable to wear during long surgeries.
- enhances your performance.
- illuminates the deepest surgical cavities
- true tissue rendition
- consistently bright, no light degradation
- lights working distance from 10" to 20"
- provides complete mobility and freedom of movement
- comfort during and after surgery
- reduces eye fatigue
- headlight headache
- long lasting battery life reduces down time
- LED lamp lasts up to 50,000 hours
- uses 90% less energy than fiber optic options
- 50% cost savings over fiber optic options
- perfectly balanced
Product Specifications for Enova's Cyclops PLT-165A Coaxial LED Surgical Headlight,
- Light Source: LED refractive technology,
- Lamp Illumination: 165,000+ lux,
- Color Temperature: 4500 deg; Kelvin,
- Illumination Spot Size: adjustable from 2" to 5",
- Headlight construction: all aluminum,
- Headband Construction: Made by Oak Tree Group, rigid plastic with double removable foam pads,
- LED Warranty: 5 years,
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion (charger included),
- Battery Life: 5 to 10 hours with the PP4 (4-cell) battery
- Battery Pack Dimensions: PP4 is 3.12" X 4" X 1"
- Battery Pack Weight: PP4 is 9 oz;
- Battery Warranty: 1 year
Standard System Includes:
- 1 Enova PLT-165 LED Surgical Headlight
- 1 PP4 Battery Pack (PP4 Battery Pack)
- 1 PP2/PP4 Battery Charger (PP2/PP4 Battery Charger)
- 1 Battery Cable (PLT-165 Battery Cable)
- 1 Battery Belt (Battery Belt)
- 1 XL Soft-Side Case (XL Soft-Sided Case)
Need More? See Option set to upgrade Battery Packs and add a Two-Bay Battery Charger